So my friend received the pop-up card I made, but it got soaked along the way. Since I have the template saved, getting out another copy is as simple as printing out the design, cutting it out and assembling it (OK, so it's not that simple.)
Still, I couldn't resist the opportunity to tinker with the design - the background's unchanged, but the characters got a makeover. I got my printer to work right this time round, so the printing's more crisp. Although the assembling part was much easier and neater thanks to experience the first time round, I still managed to goof up here and there.
I'm also experimenting with a Tumblr account, so you can see it here.